Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Javier Bardem: 'Skyfall' is a Powerful Bond Movie

By: Greg Payne



I've been saying for a while now that Skyfall, the latest entry in the James Bond franchise, due out November 9, will be fantastic -- both as a Bond film and a film in general. I can certainly be accused of being biased. It's no secret that Skyfall is my personal movie event of the year, and obviously I'm hoping (praying?) that it's terrific, but I'm not spitting BS at you guys. I genuinely, truthfully think we'll be in for an awesome Bond adventure that will strike gold on a number of levels.

Javier Bardem, who plays the chief villain, Silva, in the film, had some very positive things to say about Skyfall  in an interview with Total Film, which only help to reinforce my optimism.

"I think it’s always about the material in the script. When I read it, I felt ‘Wow, this is powerful!’"
"Of course, you have everything that you can expect in James Bond movies, but it has more than that. It’s very accomplished and powerful. And then I talked to Sam and he gave me his ideas. I thought they were very good - brave, in some way."


 Look, actors always say positive things to the press about the movies they're starring in prior to their release, but the acclaim for Skyfall from the people involved hasn't felt like the typical hollow praise that is usually disseminated. Whether it's Daniel Craig's drive to find the "perfect" Bond movie or he and Sam Mendes disregarding potential legal ramifications by discussing Skyfall via e-mail during the MGM financial crisis, everyone seems committed to the cause, and, even better, genuinely excited about the final product.

Obviously I'm not involved in any way with the production of the film, but as a loyal fan of the franchise (no joke I just watched Goldfinger earlier today), I believe you can trust my judgement when I say you have every right to be very, very excited about this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment